The Application Owner is in charge of a broad set of duties. On one hand an ITAO has a management responsibility for a set of application within the portfolio. On the other hand the ITAO is requested to provide detailed administrative information in self assessments to comply with the IT Policies & Standards.
The following are typically some of the tasks for which an ITAO is responsible for :
* Lead Risk and compliance process for the set of application that he or she is the IT owner.
* Facilitate Disaster Recovery activities by reviewing DR plans and coordinating the execution of DR exercise for the application.
* Manage Internal and external application audits and Audit issue remediation activities.
* Manage remediation of gaps in application lifecycle management activities such as Account recertification, remediation of Application configuration gaps etc
* Manage application related Risk and Compliance Evaluation tasks and resolution of gaps in this area.
* Manage any IT Security incidents that may occur in the application.
* Plan and Manage Application events and Database Events monitoring using Bank wide standard monitoring tools.
* Manage application capacity forecasting and monitoring.
* Plan and manage Application user access related tasks.
* Plan for Application Hardware / Software / License upgrades or migration activities to align to the compliant platforms