Responsibilities / Expected Capabilities
1. Experience in SW Integration and Automation.
2. Experience with C and scripting languages Python/Perl
2. Carry out mathematical modelling of physical systems and develop models with Plug and Play architecture
3. Perform Rapid Control Prototyping (RCP) and model-based MIL/SIL/PIL/HIL validations for system functionality
4. Implement automated testing tools to validate models through simulation and model checking
5. Perform expert level review, resolve and debug the model design issues, design challenges and ensure conformance of the model standards (AUTOSAR, ISO26262, MISRA) and guidelines
6. Know how in AutoSAR architecture.
7. Investigate requirements and design solutions, generate value-addition by leveraging model-based-design in Automotive Technology Development Process
Certification from MathWorks, NI or dSPACE will be an added advantage
Responsible for detailed analysis of system requirements & evaluating the feasibility of software implementation, technical risks, requirement conflicts etc.
Interact with customer for clarification on software requirements and propose technical solutions to customer
Responsible for management and quality of Software requirements
Develops highly complex software modules according to the guidelines, project environment, programming language, software requirements and software design.
Highly hands-on way in checking, reviewing work results as per MQ process
Perform technical reviews, monitor risks, communicate problems and initiate escalations, if necessary
Able to provide solutions for technical issues in own or other projects
Able to integrate the software modules (with high complexity), as per defined integration tests strategy & plan.
Able to resolve technical issues faced during integration
To be able to provide reliable input for own or others tasks in release planning.
Maintains the detailed time schedule
Able to perform in-depth technical reviews in one or more software projects (similar product types) includes the analysis of failure modes
High quality level of deliverables and correct application of all relevant processes and methods.
Demonstrate excellent knowledge and adherence to organization software development process, technologies, tools and methods.
Ability to communicate, technical leading and coordinate other software engineers on his/her project.
Ensure expected project results are achieved.
On time delivery with quality for medium to large tasks. Number, quality and complexity of functionalities implemented.
Leads on-site customer support for his projects and communicate clearly internally and externally.
Training new employees on specific technical methods, tools and processes.
Coaching and mentoring 7-10 software developers.
Provide technical leadership in quality and reliability/productivity.
Must have automotive ECU software development experience in embedded C
Must have experience in model based development using Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow tools
Must have hands on experience in code generation using Targetlink (or similar tool)
Should be able to guide / mentor the junior developers for model based software development
Should be very strong in mathemetical calculations / control system concepts
Should be able to write / update linker scripts, makefile etc.
Should have basic Autosar knowledge
Should have basic knowledge of hardware interface and should be able to identify basic hardware issues
Must be able to read the hardware schematics and should be able to map it with required software interface