Technical Skills: Successful candidates will have a subset of the following skills.
(at least 80% coverage required)
- Operating Systems: Experienced Linux system engineer. Can perform most tasks with no assistance.
- At least 3 years hands-on experience with Red Hat Linux family
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing: Senior level virtualization skills. Can perform most virtualization tasks with minimum assistance.
- At least 12 months experience building container-based solutions using one or more of Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm.
- At least 6 months hands-on experience with Linux KVM (libvirt, libguestfs, virsh, qemu, qemu-img, virtio) or equivalent experience using Xen, Oracle VM.
- Understanding of cloud service models - IaaS/PaaS/Saas - considered a plus.
Ansible - Technical Experience
- Install Ansible/ Red Hat Ansible Engine on control nodes.
- Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them.
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible playbooks and adhoc commands.
- Write effective Ansible playbooks at scale
- Protect sensitive data used by Ansible with Ansible Vault Reuse code and simplify playbook development with Ansible roles
- Configure Ansible managed nodes
- Create and distribute SSH keys to managed nodes
- Configure privilege escalation on managed nodes
- Create Ansible plays and playbooks
- Know how to work with commonly used Ansible modules
- Use variables to retrieve the results of running commands
Deep Understanding core components of Ansible:
- Configuration files
- Sysadmin background (with both implementation and support experience in terms of infrastructure, servers, OSes, middleware and databases)
- Automation Development - Any kind of automation development in SDLC to bring effectiveness. Preferably using Ruby, Python, bash, etc. which can return JSON for Ansible.
- Working knowledge of software repositories like github or bitbucket
- Cloud - Knowledge on OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure, SoftLayer, Google Cloud etc., will be further helpful.
- Knowledge and experience with various cloud service and deployment models (ie: IaaS, PaaS, XaaS, on-premise, off-premise, etc.)
- Understanding of several middleware such as Oracle, SAP, DB2, MySql, Apache, IIS, etc.,
- Solid background with operating systems deployment and administration (various Linux/Unix flavours-RHEL/SLES, AIX as well as Windows Servers)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Chef.
- Experience with VMware technologies.
- Experience in Software Development Projects using agile development methodologies (SCRUM).
- Experience with the Azure, AWS and Google public clouds.
Soft Skills (100% coverage required)
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in large teams with geography spread
- Ability to lead small teams technically
- Client facing experience and skills